DON BOSCO MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School was established under its original name Don Bosco Matriculation School by the South India Salesian Society, a Society registered under the society Registration Act XXI of 1860 as society No. S-20 of 1945 1946 having its registered office at The Citadel No. 45, Landons Road Kilpauk, Chennai 600010.
HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
This school was founded in 1946 as a matriculation school as Sacred Heart High School at Sacred Heart College Campus. It was affiliated to the University of Madras and it obtained its recognition vide ltter No. A 1913 dated 27.04.1951. From 13, November 1978, it came under the jurisdiction and recognition of separate Board of Matriculation Schools whose chairman is the Director of school Education, Tamil Nadu. In July 1979 it was upgraded as a Higher Secondary School and recognition was granted to the Higher secondary Section by the Director if school Education in his proceedings D.Dis No. 16727/E3/79, dt.2002. 1980.